Rampart

This movie was not one which I would have chosen myself, but when my parents brought it home from the video store, I figured that I may as well give it a go. Woody Harrelson plays the main character and does the role well, but that has to be my only praise for this film. I struggled to watch it the whole way through. It was dull, the direction was strange and the plot didn't seem to go anywhere.
When it first came out I heard a lot of praise for the movie, but I personally don't understand that. Perhaps it would be a better watch for people who remember the rampart scandals of the late nineties. It works well with that context, but I know very little about it. I was only just starting school when the scandals arose, so my interest in world news was non-existent.
For me, this is one of the few movies that I wouldn't give another shot. I found it boring and completely uninteresting. I'd like to have something great to say about it, but I'm struggling to see any greatness in it. I would like to applaud Harrelson for taking on the role however. It was a big commitment to make and he did it so very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment